geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Grails, JRuby on Rails, etc... scripting languages/environments and Geronimo integration
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:13:45 GMT
ant elder wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 10:38 PM, bill stoddard <
> <>> wrote:
>     Joe Bohn wrote:
>         Any ideas on PHP and if this would be another potential area for
>         integration?
>     Python
>         Joe
>     Bill
> Also JavaScript with Rhino, and that gives you the big four - Groovy,
> JRuby, Rhino, and Jython. PHP would good but i've never found a PHP impl
> with Java integration and a compatible license. You can also use the
> JSR-223 APIs (Apache BSF) and get easy access to lots of lesser well
> known script language engines. I've done a bit with all those in Tuscany
> so will be interested to see what happens in Geronimo.

Thanks for the input.  Yes, I thought about BSF too.   Regarding the
others languages (Python, Rhino, Jython and PHP) licenses could be
issues .... have to keep an eye on that.  I thought about BSF too ...
need to do some more research there.  Actually, at this point it's all
just some investigation and we'll see where it goes.

View raw message