geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hearty <heartyraph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom resource factories in geronimo
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 06:45:07 GMT

My application is a web project (keeping war file for the deployment)
and my application uses tomcat. I've an entry in context.xml as follows.
<Resource name="xy/filestorage" auth="Container"
		type="tools.filestorage.FileStorage"
		factory="tools.filestorage.FileStorageFactory"
		storageClassName="tools.filestorage.FileStorageFS"
		basePath="C:/tmp/files" />

Later I am accessing xy/filestorage as jndi reference as below.

 <jee:jndi-lookup id="fileStorage"
    jndi-name="java:comp/env/xy/filestorage" /> [This entry is used in
applicationContext.xml
, a spring based config file]

I have a restriction to keep same jndi-name as mentioned above since
I need to maintain the war file to compatible to tomcat as well as apache
geronimo

Please provide me a solution for this with a sample code.