geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hearty <>
Subject Re: Custom resource factories in geronimo
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 06:45:07 GMT

My application is a web project (keeping war file for the deployment)
and my application uses tomcat. I've an entry in context.xml as follows.
<Resource name="xy/filestorage" auth="Container"
		basePath="C:/tmp/files" />
Later I am accessing xy/filestorage as jndi reference as below.

 <jee:jndi-lookup id="fileStorage"
    jndi-name="java:comp/env/xy/filestorage" /> [This entry is used in
, a spring based config file]

I have a restriction to keep same jndi-name as mentioned above since
I need to maintain the war file to compatible to tomcat as well as apache

Please provide me a solution for this with a sample code.

djencks wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2008, at 1:49 AM, Hearty Raphael wrote:
>> Hi
>>          Is there any way I can create custom resource factories/
>> ObjectFactories in geronimo.?
> probably, but knowing exactly what you are trying to achieve would
> help a lot.  Geronimo has no persistent jndi so there's usually an
> easier or more direct way to get stuff into jndi.
> thanks
> david jencks
>> Regards,
>> Hearty

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Dev mailing list archive at

View raw message