geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Forrest_Xia <forres...@gmail.com>
Subject Improve geronimo samples use experience
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 04:47:11 GMT

Generating standalone and deployment-ready war or ear ball will make geronimo
samples more easier for first try, and will improve user's use experience.

For currently generated war or ear of samples 2.1.2 release, user should
supply an external deployment plan.xml to make it deployable. I think it
will lead user bad use experience when first trying a simple sample war or
ear ball.

Of course, I believe geronimo plugin is a good stuff to try those samples,
but it takes time for user to build up geronimo plugin knowledge.

For an experienced JEE developer, he/she is used to consider a .ear or .war
ball is a ready-to-deploy artifact. Suppose that, If they finally find they
need to learn more about geronimo in order to make a simple sample's .ear or
.war deployed succussfully, what feeling will they have?

I think well considering user's use habit and ensuring first-try success
experience is very important to attract new user to stay with our JEE server
and consequently work with it.

So I would suggest we add back geronimo specific deployment plan into
packaged war or ear balls. What do you think of this?

Forrest