geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <jason.dil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSHELL] Timeframe ?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:25:34 GMT
The GShell APIs are getting closer and closer to stability.  The major
changes have all been committed, and I don't have any plans to make
any other significant changes to the core APIs.  What I am doing now
is trying to slim down the core dependencies and speed up the boot
time... and sorting out some of the many HACK/TODO comments which I've
littered the codebase with.

As for an alpha-2 release, I imagine that will be on the horizon
soon.  I don't plan on having all of the little things fixed before
that, though I hope to sort out a few of the more significant ones
before releasing.  If I had to guess I'd say that the codebase should
be in a position to be released in 2-4 weeks at present change velocity.

--jason