geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: openejb-jar-2.2.xsd missing from the schema subdirectory of the main Geronimo installation directory
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 18:37:18 GMT

On Sep 3, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Ted Kirby wrote:

> I opened JIRA (GERONIMO-4276) openejb-jar-2.2.xsd missing from the
> schema subdirectory of the main Geronimo installation directory to fix
> this in Geronimo.

What's the difference between openejb-jar-2.0.xsd that we have in
geronimo-openejb-builder/src/main/xsd and openejb-jar-2.2.xsd?  Should
we upgrade the 2.0 to 2.2?

In general we need a better solution for getting the schemas into the
schema directory.  Previously I've been thinking that we should
enhance the plugin installer to be able to extract files from the
classpath as well as the unpacked car, but I'm wondering if it would
be sufficient to use perhaps the maven dependency plugin to extract
the schemas and put them into the car file directly and then use the
existing copy-file functionality to get them unpacked on plugin
install.  This would eliminate an entire function of boilerplate that
really doesn't belong there anyway.

thanks
david jencks