geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Plugin groups
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:16:22 GMT

On Sep 10, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> I looked at the new plugin groups stuff and have a couple ideas/
>> suggestions.
>> I'm going to create a framework plugin group.  Is there some reason
>> this won't work?
>> I'd like to see the plugin groups distributed closer to where their
>> components are found, e.g. web-jetty in plugins/jetty.  Does this
>> seem reasonable?
>
> Hmm .. I kinda like having them as another category of things.  I
> can image that there might be groups created in the future that have
> an equal affinity to several components. For example, where would
> the framework plugin group fit?

It ought to be in framework, along with boilerplate.  Unfortunately we
can't quite crowbar it in yet.

I think putting the groups with the stuff they aggregate fits well
with the long term goal that I thought we were agreed on to put most
of the server plugins into /plugins and release them separately from
the main server (i.e. framework).

thanks
david jencks