geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Lets use gshell for all startup stuff
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 23:46:38 GMT
Lets change the scripts in bin that don't use gshell to use gshell.

Then the helper scripts such as setjavaenv.sh will only be used for
starting gshell and I hopefully they won't need most of their current
contents.

As noted in GERONIMO-4093 I'm not OK with requiring JAVA_HOME to be
defined on systems that don't need it, and I took matters into my own
hands and restored the old behavior of using "java" if JAVA_HOME is
not defined.  I'm barely literate in bash so there may well be a
better solution.

thanks
david jencks