geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Plugin groups
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 03:56:29 GMT
I looked at the new plugin groups stuff and have a couple ideas/
suggestions.

I'm going to create a framework plugin group.  Is there some reason
this won't work?

I'd like to see the plugin groups distributed closer to where their
components are found, e.g. web-jetty in plugins/jetty.  Does this seem
reasonable?

I think the car-maven-plugin can use another packaging style for these
plugin groups that will mean we don't have to configure much of
anything for the c-m-p.  Maybe we won't need the empty plan either.

I thought the idea was to use only the plugin groups when assembling
our actual servers.  Is this work still in progress?  It looks to me
as if we have both a complete list of plugins plus the plugin groups
that would also pull them in.

Are there any jiras for this work?

thanks
david jencks