geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with plugins and default type
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:16:40 GMT
I'm finding some problems with apps packaged as plugins, see
GERONIMO-4323

Here's the text...
AbstractRepository.copyToRepository bases the decision on whether to
unpack or copy an artifact on the type. Since all it gets is a stream
and artifact, I don't see any obvious ways to change this behavior: to
actually detect if something is a plugin you'd have to look at the
content, which isn't available when the decision is made.

I can see several ways out:

1. make all plugins be of type car
2. make packed plugins work (would require a new classloader and might
cause difficulties with tomcat and openejb integration)
3. copy the file packed, peek inside, and unpack if necessary.

Unless there's strong opposition I'm going to try to implement (1).

Comments?

thanks
david jencks