geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: Can we stop continually moving Devtools JIRAs to the next release?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:09:35 GMT
Well, really the "Fix for version" in JIRA isn't practically used to
state that each and every issue has been fixed for that version...
only if the issue is resolved and fix version set.  The version
release muck rolls over all unresolved issues to the next version so
that folks can keep track of stuff that is still pending... its not a
commitment to fixing them in that version.  But that is just how JIRA
works OOTB.

On Sep 26, 2008, at 1:55 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> I think the problem is in setting the fix version too soon on many
> of these JIRAs.  For the 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 server releases I tried to
> avoid setting the fix version unless it was really a target for the
> release or we were ready to check-in a fix.  Perhaps we can do the
> same for devtools.
> Joe
> Ted Kirby wrote:
>> Yes, I think that is what I did.  As part of the GEP release process,
>> I Administered the GERONIMODEVTOOLS JIRA project to update the
>> released and unreleased versions.  I "managed" the 2.1.3 release, and
>> clicked the Release link to release it.  This, I think, resulted in
>> all that email.
>> Ted
>> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Jason Dillon
>> <> wrote:
>>> Hrm... odd, cause the default when marking a version as released
>>> in JIRA
>>> asks to move unresolved issues to the next version...
>>> --jason

View raw message