geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Privacy Clause in Google Analytics Terms of Service
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:33:21 GMT
All,
In reviewing the Terms of Service for Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html

), I noticed that the Privacy Section (Term 7) contains:

   "You must post a privacy policy and that policy must provide notice
of your use of a cookie that collects anonymous traffic data."

On ethical grounds and in order to conform with these terms of
service, we need to change our web site. I see two options:

1) Add a privacy clause to our web site
2) Remove Google Analytics from our web site

Thoughts? I'd like to see a quick change to bring us into conformance.
I have some concerns about the data being gathered by Google and have
my doubts about whether or not we should be gathering the data. In the
near-term, I'd be satisfied with the addition of an appropriate
privacy clause to our web site.

--kevan