geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] URLClassloader problem
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:21:57 GMT

On Sep 29, 2008, at 7:35 AM, jcaristi wrote:

> This problem is a real headache for us.  We are deploying Axis2 in
> our web
> application on Geronimo.  During development, we are currently
> reinstalling
> the server every time we want to deploy.  I searched the Axis2 Jira,
> and I
> noticed that this is not currently listed as a problem.  I was
> wondering if
> you plan to continue to try to resolve this.  Also, do you know of
> an easier
> way to work around the problem?  We really need one!

Understood.

Tim had mentioned to me that he was working on an Axis2 patch. I'm
sure he'll let us know where he stands with this work.

You could try removing the <moduleId> of your geronimo deployment
plan. That should allow redeployment to at least work... The undeploy
part will be slow (as it tries to delete the jar files), but deploy
should create a new unique default/<archive-name>/<random-number/war
module. So, should at least "work". Certainly, still a "headache",
will let you decide how it compares to your current *headache*. You'll
eventually run out of PERMGEN space... Your repository directory will
fill up with default/<archive-name> directories, also

There's always the option of deploying your Axis2 libraries separately
and declaring a dependency in your web app deployment plan... This
should work perfectly (except your changing the contents of your WAR
file, and not just defining a geronimo deployment plan). Hmm.
Actually, could you leave your WAR contents unchanged and still use
this technique?

--kevan