geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "emiddio-verizon" <emid...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: need help with failed build
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:16:27 GMT
firefox 3.0.3; also google chrome; firefox is default browser, yes its windoz xp
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevan Miller
  To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
  Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:04 PM
  Subject: Re: need help with failed build

  On Sep 27, 2008, at 2:36 AM, emiddio-verizon wrote:

    ok -- builds now complete ok -- says Build Successful -- when building with the option
    -Dmaven.test.skip=true

    but still get a bunch of the 1st type of errors -- that dont cause the build to fail,

    like
    [ERROR] The protocol for the JAR file's URL is not supported
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Only local file jars are supported

    what is the story on these types of errors.?

  They're windoze-related and can be ignored. They've been lurking around for a little bit
-- time to figure out the root cause, I think, and fix it...

    also

    when the default tests are run i get a number of errors -- most seem to be associated
with a windows dialog
    popup saying firefox is already running or something of the ilk.

    whats happening here?

  That's the selenium plugin trying to launch Firefox to run automated tests. I'd assume that
this is also a Windows specific problem. Are other Windows users running into this problem?

  Which version of Firefox is installed on your system?

  --kevan