geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous TCK Testing
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:08:14 GMT

On Sep 19, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Can we really setup "continuous" TCK testing?  How long does it take
> 2 VMs to complete a TCK run?

I didn't mean to imply continuous integration-style testing. I think
the rate of change on an branch/trunk under active development is
likely going to exceed our ability to test every change.

> Shouldn't running the TCK prereq a Continuous Build first, by moving
> the automated builds that Jarek runs over to these machines and only
> run a build when there are svn changes in that branch (instead of a
> time based approach)?  That would only generate builds on active
> branches (like 2.1 and trunk) while increasing the overall usage of
> these 2 machines to show that we're really using them.

It could, but it's not necessary. I'd be happy to see once a day
testing. This isn't about generating load on the boxes -- it's about
generating value to the community.

> Also, which releases of Geronimo would we setup for automated TCK
> runs?

Certainly 2.2 and 2.1 (IMO). We could throw in 2.0 if we have capacity
and someone wants to set it up.

We've also had requests from other projects to get some time (e.g.
CXF). I'd be happy to see this happening, also.

--kevan