geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <jason.dil...@gmail.com>
Subject GShell update
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:17:43 GMT
Finally got back to hacking on GShell... and have been working on
replacing the Plexus container with a Spring container.  Today I
finally got it working correctly, using maven repository for
dependencies.

Still got some work left to do to clean up the layout muck and make
the help command functional again, but its in progress.

Anyways, just a tiny update that things are progressing....

I'm not sure what is gonna happen with the gshell-rapture/plexus
integration... as I get more and more into the gshell-wisdom/spring
integration I'm feeling more and more that I should just drop the
plexus stuff.  We are still using plexus though to load the
ArtifactManager used to resolve the GShell applications classpath,
though I have hopes that the new Maven Mercury API can be used and
requires less Plexus muck to work, but I've not actually tried that
yet.  Also the current gshell-artifact integration requires most of
the Maven 2.1.* artifacts to resolve poms, which I'm tempted to just
replace with a wee bit of xstream model stuff to *simulate* the basics
needed to resolve an artifacts transitive dependencies... but for now
I just use Maven, which inflates the system like 2m... sucky, but it
works.

So, the main design issue we have right now is what to do with the
layout muck... might rip it out, have a flat list of commands and then
re-implement the hierarchy... hot sure yet.

Anyways... making progress.

--jason