geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Analytics
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:48:28 GMT

On May 16, 2008, at 10:44 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On May 15, 2008, at 2:32 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> Setup google analytics on all our spaces and added everyone who's a
>> committer who I could easily find a gmail address for.
>>
>> bruce.snyder@gmail.com
>> c1vamsi1c@gmail.com
>> davanum@gmail.com
>> dblevins@visi.com
>> eljotpl@gmail.com
>> gnodet@gmail.com
>> goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com
>> hcunico@gmail.com
>> jason.dillon@gmail.com
>> jaydmchugh@gmail.com
>> jgawor@gmail.com
>> jrsisson@gmail.com
>> kevan.miller@gmail.com
>> paulmcmahan@gmail.com
>> rickmcg@gmail.com
>> sppatel2@gmail.com
>> tim.mcconne@gmail.com
>>

>> You don't need a gmail address, just a google account.  So if
>> you're not in the above list, just get someone in the above list to
>> add your google account.
>>
>> Just visit http://www.google.com/analytics/ to log in and view the
>> data.  It'll be a day or two before we see much of anything.
>

> Thanks David.
>
> I've added everyone that's requested access to date, except Dan
> Becker.
>
> I gave all PMC members "Administrator" access. Committers have
> "User" access.
>
> What should we do about non-committers requesting access? I don't
> know why we wouldn't make this information available to anyone who
> asks.
>
> Are there any general privacy issues? If there are, then we should
> be aware of these issues, even if we don't open up access.
>
> If people are interested, I see we can set up a regular email of
> reports.

All,
In a discussion on legal-discuss@apache.org, I learned the the Google
Analytics Terms of Service contains the following:

You will use the Software, Service and Reports solely for Your own
internal use, and will not make the Software or Service available for
timesharing, application service provider or service bureau use.

As permitting access to any non-committers would seem to be a
violation of this "internal use" restriction, I've reviewed the Users
with access to the data. I've removed anyone who is not a Geronimo
Committer or ASF Member.

--kevan