geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Continuous TCK Testing
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:05:40 GMT

On Sep 18, 2008, at 3:40 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> I would like to be involved too.
>
> But, I don't have any experience with either AntHill or Hudson.
>
> Has anyone used Continuum?  Would that be harder/easier to configure
> and
> use than the other two?

The first version of GBuild ran a mashup of Continuum/ActiveMQ/Maven.
No GUI aside from the TCK reports though, it just used the backend
part of continuum.  It ran fine till the machines got hacked (not
related to the testing software).

Essentially the TCK was divided up into several individual build
definitions and each of them were put on a JMS queue.  Each of the
build agents would pull a build definition from the queue, run it via
the continuum backend, then send the results onto a JMS topic.  There
was another agent listening on the topic who would grab the results,
add them to the rest of the results then rerun the report tool.

It wouldn't be hard for us to set that up again, we'd just need VMs
(the OS kind, not the java kind) on our two boxes so we can get more
parallel processing without port conflicts.

Anyone know if there are these kind of VMs setup already?

-David