geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Can gshell give geronimo system properties?
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:56:58 GMT
I've been looking at passing some system properties to geronimo via
gshell as if on the command line with -Dproperty=value and haven't
figured out any way to do it.  Am i terminally dumb or is this not yet
implemented?

e.g. in the gshell console...
 >geronimo/start-server -Dproperty=value

More specifically I am thinking about supplying some overrides for
some config-substitution.properties values and wonder if we should
have a shorthand

geronimo/start-server --config-substitution key=value or something
similar.  Is it possible to have a multivalued option?

I already hacked in locally support for setting the server name:  -s
servername  which is equivalent to -
Dorg.apache.geronimo.server.name=servername

thanks
david jencks