geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discussion thread for Geronimo Samples 2.1.2 vote
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:03:58 GMT
Lin,

There have been several discussions on this topic.

Here's the original thread:
http://tinyurl.com/3e9tao

Here's the most recent discussion:
http://www.nabble.com/Samples---Why-are-the-tomcat-jetty-prerequisites-not-set--tt19435555s134.html#a19435555

You can also find the decision documented in the samples 2.1.2 status
page under "Should Jetty samples pre-req Jetty and Tomcat samples
pre-req Tomcat?"
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-samples-212-release-work-items.html

I personally agree that it would be best to have the samples only
enabled for the proper server but this is really hitting on a larger
plugin issue and if they should be installable on a framework or only
within a tomcat/jetty assembly.

Joe

Please reference this most recent thread which includes pointers to