geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject maven release process and samples
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 18:07:09 GMT
I've been trying to use the maven release process for samples.

The dryrun works fine and I've corrected all differences in the poms
beyond the version and scm entries.  However, when I attempt the
release:prepare I hit the error below.

customer-ejb has already been processed but the jar only exists in the
customer-ejb target (and not in my local maven repo).  In fact, none of
the already processed artifacts exist in my local maven repo at the time
of the failure ... just in the local target directories for each artifact.

Any ideas what might be going wrong and how to fix it?  My guess is a
scope of provided might help but that doesn't seem to make logical sense
as we want the ear to include the ejb jar.

BTW, this all builds and deploys fine for regular builds.

[INFO] [tools:verify-legal-files {execution: verify-legal-files}]
         [INFO] Checking legal files in: customer-war-2.1.2.war
         [INFO] Checking legal files in: customer-war-2.1.2-sources.jar
         [INFO] Checking legal files in: customer-war-2.1.2-javadoc.jar
         [INFO]
         [INFO] Building Geronimo Samples :: customer :: EAR
         [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, verify]
         [INFO]
         [INFO] [clean:clean]
         [INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/bohn/geronimo-samples-2.1/samples/customer/customer-ear/target
         [INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/bohn/geronimo-samples-2.1/samples/customer/customer-ear/target/classes
         [INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/bohn/geronimo-samples-2.1/samples/customer/customer-ear/target/test-classes
         [INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/bohn/geronimo-samples-2.1/samples/customer/customer-ear/target/site
         Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository//org/apache/geronimo/samples/customer-ejb/2.1.2/customer-ejb-2.1.2.jar
         Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/samples/customer-ejb/2.1.2/customer-ejb-2.1.2.jar
         [INFO]
         [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
         [INFO]
         [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

     Missing:
         ----------
         1) org.apache.geronimo.samples:customer-ejb:ejb:2.1.2

       Then, install it using the command:
               mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.samples -DartifactId=customer-ejb
-Dversion=2.1.2 -Dpackaging=ejb -Dfile=/path/to/file

       Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:
               mvn deploy:deploy-file
-DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.samples -DartifactId=customer-ejb
-Dversion=2.1.2 -Dpackaging=ejb -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

       Path to dependency:
           	1) org.apache.geronimo.samples:customer-ear:ear:2.1.2
           	2) org.apache.geronimo.samples:customer-ejb:ejb:2.1.2

     ----------
         1 required artifact is missing.

     for artifact:
           org.apache.geronimo.samples:customer-ear:ear:2.1.2

     from the specified remote repositories:
           ibiblio.org (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
           apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),