geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Can we stop continually moving Devtools JIRAs to the next release?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:39:58 GMT
Can we stop the blanket moving of Devtools JIRAs from one release to the
next?  We should really only move unfixed JIRAs to 2.2.0 if we have
intentions of fixing them for the 2.2.0 release.  Continually moving any
open JIRAs once GEP is released is generating way too many emails and is
not the proper usage of the Fix Versions field in JIRA, which should be
used to denote to the community that we're going to "try our best" to
resolve the issue in the denoted release.....

-Donald