geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Making framework more obviously self-sufficient
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:34:03 GMT
Jarek Gawor wrote:
> So this is really about changing the directory structure in svn and
> nothing more, right? I'm not sure about moving buildsupport but I'm ok
> with moving the other parts. We could also add a maven profile
> (similar to stage-bootstrap) just to build the necessary parts to
> build the framework assembly.

I don't have a strong opinion.  I kinda like the current svn
organization but I see the point of having a complete framework build
that could potentially be released independently some day.  So, I wonder
if Jarek's suggestion of a profile for framework is a good compromise
for now.  It gives us a way to build and validate the framework assembly
with just the necessary components but doesn't force us into an svn
restructure until we're really ready to deliver it as a stand-alone
entity.