geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Making framework more obviously self-sufficient
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:34:03 GMT
Jarek Gawor wrote:
> So this is really about changing the directory structure in svn and
> nothing more, right? I'm not sure about moving buildsupport but I'm ok
> with moving the other parts. We could also add a maven profile
> (similar to stage-bootstrap) just to build the necessary parts to
> build the framework assembly.

I don't have a strong opinion.  I kinda like the current svn
organization but I see the point of having a complete framework build
that could potentially be released independently some day.  So, I wonder
if Jarek's suggestion of a profile for framework is a good compromise
for now.  It gives us a way to build and validate the framework assembly
with just the necessary components but doesn't force us into an svn
restructure until we're really ready to deliver it as a stand-alone

> Jarek
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:17 PM, David Jencks <> wrote:
>> I'd like framework to build the entire working framework server, thus
>> demonstrating that it really is a complete server.  I think it would work
>> with the following changes:
>> - move at least the car-maven-plugin into framework, perhaps all of
>> buildsupport
>> - move the jsr88 classloader into framework
>> - move the framework plugingroup into framework
>> - move the assemblies geronimo-boilderplate and geronimo-framework into
>> framework
>> This is somewhat related to
>> Thoughts? Objections? Comments?
>> thanks