geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject relativePath in our parent pom entries.
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:59:41 GMT
Is there ever a valid need to specify relativePath in the parent section
of our poms?

I noticed that nearly all of the relativePath entries have been removed
from trunk but not branches/2.1.  The only existing relativePath entries
in trunk are for concurrent-testsuite and command-testsuite ... which I
suspect are the results of merged changes from branches/2.1.

I'm asking because I've been trying to understand the site generation
for multi-module builds so that I can get this to aggregate at the top
level for samples -- BTW, any pointers there are also appreciated :-) .
  In the process I attempted a site build for server branches/2.1 which
failed with the following exception that I suspect is due to
relativePath not being set correctly in security-testsuite.

[WARNING] Unable to load parent project from repository: Could not find
the model file '/Users/bohn/geronimo-2.1/../pom.xml'. for project unknown
[INFO] Skipped "Maven Surefire Report" report, file
"surefire-report.html" already exists for the English version.
[INFO] Generate "Plugin documentation" report.
[INFO] Using 2 extractors.
[INFO] Applying extractor for language: java
[INFO] Extractor for language: java found 0 mojo descriptors.
[INFO] Applying extractor for language: bsh
[INFO] Extractor for language: bsh found 0 mojo descriptors.
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.maven.tools.plugin.generator.PluginXdocGenerator.execute(PluginXdocGenerator.java:46)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.PluginReport.generatePluginDocumentation(PluginReport.java:192)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.plugin.PluginReport.executeReport(PluginReport.java:141)
	at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:98)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(ReportDocumentRenderer.java:67)
	at
org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.renderModule(DefaultSiteRenderer.java:239)
	at
org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.render(DefaultSiteRenderer.java:115)
	at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.renderLocale(SiteMojo.java:124)
	at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:92)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
	at
	at