geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Java doc is Geronimo 2.0.1 API
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:03:41 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> On Sep 22, 2008, at 11:57 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>> Yep, that's pretty ancient.  So it looks like we haven't released
>> javadoc for Geronimo since the referenced link to 2.0.1.
>>
>> Does anybody know if the plan was to start using a maven generated
>> site to produce provide this and we just haven't implemented it yet?
>
> AFAIK yes.
>

>> There is a maven site out there for server but the content seems
>> related to trunk and I haven't figured out how to navigate is
>> successfully to actually get to javadoc (if any actually exists).
>> See http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/server/
>
> Sure there are docs there:
>

> http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/server/modules/geronimo-activation/apidocs/index.html

> Maven default site muck does a good job at hiding them, have to click on
> a module (jar module), then Project Reports and then JavaDocs.  We could
> change the skin or add index.apt files to the modules to link to the
> important stuff on the main module page though.

Ah, so there *is* javadoc buried in there.  Thanks for pointing it out.
  I agree that it would be nice if we could make this more visible and
perhaps aggregated at a higher level than the module level.

>> Assuming the direction is to move toward using maven site generation -
>> there may be some problems.  The doc that I've found indicates that
>> site generation is not support for multi module builds - which covers
>> both Geronimo and our samples (another area that we need to address).
>> Does anybody have any pointers/advice on generating sites for multi
>> module builds.  Is this even possible?
>
> Sure its possible, that is how the
> http://geronimo.apache.org/maven/server tree got up there in the first
> place.  What docs have you found that state otherwise?

I was looking at the maven site plugin docs like this one:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/
and
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/site-mojo.html

While the second link only references generating the site for a single
project I guess it really doesn't preclude multi module builds directly
... and stating that the links between modules will not work in a multi
module build.

I was thinking that this may explain some of the problems with
generating the site for samples ... it may just be that I have some more
configuration to do.

Joe