geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Samples for 2.1.2 - one final push
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:30:52 GMT

Grrr .... every time I hope to get a samples image up for vote I
discover (or rediscover) some issues that should be resolved.

Here are the latest issues:
- Most of the samples when run include a Geronimo header with links that
are supposed to take you to javadocs and xref for that sample.  These
don't work (and from what I see I'm not sure if they were ever fully
functional).  So these should probably be removed if I can't find a way
to quickly implement them.
- There are still numerous dependency versions referenced throughout the
sample poms.  I think these need to be consolidated into a dependency
management section in the top level pom or perhaps move our top level
dependency from genesis to geronimo.  Initially the versions were
distributed so that samples could be built independently but we now
require an initial top level build of samples.

Joe