geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugin groups
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:03:34 GMT
In-line below.

-Donald

David Jencks wrote:
> I looked at the new plugin groups stuff and have a couple
> ideas/suggestions.
>
> I'm going to create a framework plugin group.  Is there some reason this
> won't work?

Are you updating the current pluginprofiles to use the framework profile?

> I'd like to see the plugin groups distributed closer to where their
> components are found, e.g. web-jetty in plugins/jetty.  Does this seem
> reasonable?

Sounds okay, but I'd like to see some indication in the directory to
denote it's a profile package instead of a real CAR with code in it.

> I think the car-maven-plugin can use another packaging style for these
> plugin groups that will mean we don't have to configure much of anything
> for the c-m-p.  Maybe we won't need the empty plan either.
>
> I thought the idea was to use only the plugin groups when assembling our
> actual servers.  Is this work still in progress?  It looks to me as if
> we have both a complete list of plugins plus the plugin groups that
> would also pull them in.
>
> Are there any jiras for this work?

Looks like Lin was using GERONIMO-4265 for most of this work and she is
out on vacation for the next week.