geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Genesis 2.0 Status
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:14:38 GMT
Looks good Jason.  I too agree that it should be required to stage
locally and scp to a public location for the vote.  I too have had
things accidentally pushed to rsync too soon.

Will the release:rollback and stage:copy remain unchanged?  Also, has
this been validated with multiple subprojects (such as in Javamail and
server) ... there still seems to be some issues there with genesis 1.4
and getting all of the artifacts signed.

I also wonder how this will affect the server release process in the
short term.  Eventually we want to move over to using the full mvn
release process but lately we've been doing a hybrid approach using mvn
-Prelease deploy to a staging site and then mvn stage:copy to move it to
the production repo.

I attempted to play with it a bit based on your genesis-test project but
got a bit hung-up on the snapshot dependencies for genesis itself.  I
didn't take the time yet to build genesis w/o the snapshot version and
try again.

Joe