geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openejb-jar-2.2.xsd missing from the schema subdirectory of the main Geronimo installation directory
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 19:28:54 GMT
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:37 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Ted Kirby wrote:
>
>> I opened JIRA (GERONIMO-4276) openejb-jar-2.2.xsd missing from the
>> schema subdirectory of the main Geronimo installation directory to fix
>> this in Geronimo.
>
> What's the difference between openejb-jar-2.0.xsd that we have in
> geronimo-openejb-builder/src/main/xsd and openejb-jar-2.2.xsd?  Should we
> upgrade the 2.0 to 2.2?

I see geronimo-openejb-2.0.xsd in
geronimo-openejb-builder/src/main/xsd, not openejb-jar-2.2.xsd.

> In general we need a better solution for getting the schemas into the schema
> directory.  Previously I've been thinking that we should enhance the plugin
> installer to be able to extract files from the classpath as well as the
> unpacked car, but I'm wondering if it would be sufficient to use perhaps the
> maven dependency plugin to extract the schemas and put them into the car
> file directly and then use the existing copy-file functionality to get them
> unpacked on plugin install.  This would eliminate an entire function of
> boilerplate that really doesn't belong there anyway.

I can't really comment on your approach, other than to say it sounds
good,and I agree I think a better approach is needed.  The one I put
in the JIRA is not very sophisticated or general.  It address this
specific issue.  There is mechanism to copy schemas, but I could not
figure it out.  Comments/stanzas like this in pom.xml:

           <!--
            HACK: Copy XmlBeans generated schemas.
            -->
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport</groupId>
                <artifactId>buildsupport-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>copy-xmlbeans-schemas</goal>