geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help with failed build
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:04:19 GMT

On Sep 27, 2008, at 2:36 AM, emiddio-verizon wrote:

> ok -- builds now complete ok -- says Build Successful -- when
> building with the option
> -Dmaven.test.skip=true
>
> but still get a bunch of the 1st type of errors -- that dont cause
> the build to fail,
>
> like
> [ERROR] The protocol for the JAR file's URL is not supported
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Only local file jars are
> supported
>
> what is the story on these types of errors.?

They're windoze-related and can be ignored. They've been lurking
around for a little bit -- time to figure out the root cause, I think,
and fix it...

> also
>
> when the default tests are run i get a number of errors -- most seem
> to be associated with a windows dialog
> popup saying firefox is already running or something of the ilk.
>
> whats happening here?

That's the selenium plugin trying to launch Firefox to run automated
tests. I'd assume that this is also a Windows specific problem. Are
other Windows users running into this problem?

Which version of Firefox is installed on your system?

--kevan