geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: c-m-p: verify-no-dependency-change
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:06:04 GMT
I am able to get around this error.

Initially, there is no history/dependencies.xml file as this is a new
G plugin, so I don't know why I keep getting this error.   Then I
changed the pom.xml file to not use mavendependencies, and the c-m-p
generated the history/dependencies.xml file for me.  I added the
changed dependencies into the history/dependencies.xml file (my guess
is that they were pulled in via transitive dependencies) and am able
to get a successful build.

Here's what the pom.xml look like - the failOnChange property didn't
seem to work here:

<project>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport</groupId>
                <artifactId>car-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>generate-plugin-metadata</id>
                        <phase>generate-resources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>prepare-metadata</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <useMavenDependencies>
                                <value>false</value>
                                <includeVersion>true</includeVersion>
                            </useMavenDependencies>
                            <failOnChange>false</failOnChange>
                            <category>Geronimo Plugin Group</category>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>