geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] enhance the assemble server portlet usability
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:30:20 GMT
I agree with David that I think what you are proposing could be
achieved using the geronimo plugin group concept.

I have been working on/trying out things with the plugin group lately.
  On my local machine, I can create a plugin group for the Web-tomcat
using c-m-p, and have it built into my tomcat javaee5 assembly.

Then I made some code change to the plugin portlet to allow users to
select this plugin group and use it to assemble a custom server that
is equivalent to little G tomcat.    My current workaround is to set
the module-id of the plugin group to null if the plugin category is
"Geronimo Plugin Groups" thus only plugin dependencies are installed.
 With that, the module is not registered in the config.xml in the
custom server.  (the better approach is to investigate how to do step
1 in David's note.)

I plan to develop more geronimo plugin groups (plan to put there at
the same level as framework, assemblies, plugins directory) for other
functions, such as JMS, web-jetty, Web services CXF, etc.

I think it would be nice, if we can figure out how to use these
geronimo plugin groups to build our assemblies (such as Little G,
javaee5, etc), using maven or other tool.

Lin