geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin Sun" <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] enhance the assemble server portlet usability
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:38:54 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks.   I am able to come down to the following plugins to build
little G(tomcat based) and I tried to use transitive dependencies as
much as possible -

org.apache.geronimo.assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate/2.2-SNAPSHOT/jar
org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/sharedlib/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car

Deployment related:
org.apache.geronimo.framework/upgrade-cli/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.framework/offline-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/hot-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-ear-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-rar-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-war-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/remote-deploy-tomcat/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car

Gshell:
org.apache.geronimo.framework/gshell-geronimo/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
org.apache.geronimo.framework/gshell-remote/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car

I tried to deploy the jsp-examples onto custom server, and it worked
fine.  So the unavailable-deployers don't seem to be necessary.

I also looked at the earconfigbuilder code and there is a private
getBuilder method there that would throw deploymentExceptions when the
ejb/war/rar/appClient deployer is not defined.   The getBuilder method
is used in the buildConfiguration method in many places.

With these information and the fact that the unavailable-deployers
aren't in the tomcat-javaee5 assembly, I don't think they are needed.

I plan to clean up the littleG pom.xml with only the above car files
as the dependencies.

Please let me know any comments you may have.

Lin