geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] enhance the assemble server portlet usability
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 06:04:33 GMT

On Aug 19, 2008, at 7:45 PM, Lin Sun wrote:

> I have tried to come up with the minimum plugins to build little G.
> In the case of tomcat, it needs the following plugins -
>
> org.apache.geronimo.assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate/2.2-SNAPSHOT/jar
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/jasper-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/sharedlib/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
>
> Gshell related:
> org.apache.geronimo.framework/gshell-geronimo/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.framework/gshell-remote/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
>
> Also all under Deployment category (I think one or two plugin can be
> removed here as they will be installed via transitive dependencies but
> it is nice just to select everything under deployment category):
> org.apache.geronimo.framework/upgrade-cli/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.framework/jsr88-cli/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.framework/jsr88-deploymentfactory/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.framework/offline-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.framework/online-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/hot-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-ear-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-jar-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> <--I don't understand why Little G doesn't have this, but it has the
> jsr88-ear/rar/war-configurer...anyone has ideas-->

this is for app clients, not supported in little-g

> org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-rar-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-war-configurer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/remote-deploy-tomcat/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
>
> Also I am missing the following three plugins, which aren't avail in
> my local geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5 server.
>
>  + org.apache.geronimo.configs/unavailable-client-deployer/2.2-
> SNAPSHOT/car
>  + org.apache.geronimo.configs/unavailable-ejb-deployer/2.2-SNAPSHOT/
> car
>  + org.apache.geronimo.configs/unavailable-webservices-deployer/2.2-
> SNAPSHOT/car
>
> Anyone has an idea what are these for?  Is it ok to build little G env
> without them?

Not sure if they are actually needed.... I've been meaning to check
and fix things so they aren't needed, assuming that they are.  If they
are currently required you will find out as soon as you try to deploy
something jee related on the server.

I think the ear config builder needs to be changed so that if one of
the module builders is missing, the ear builder complains, rather than
relying on an "unavailable deployer" to complain.

I recommend rather strongly relying on transitive dependencies as much
as possible.

thanks
david jencks