geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Maven woes
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 20:27:14 GMT

On Aug 8, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Shrey Banga wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to build geronimo on my laptop using my college wifi,
> which gets disconnected occasionally and maven basically stops at
> that point without giving any error or warning. I'm forced to ctrl+C
> the build and repeat it but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way
> to resume the build from where it ended? Or is there a windows based
> interface for maven that might help?
> I really need to get it built, mostly to show it off here :-D and
> finish up on PlanCreator.

Once you have all the dependencies downloaded you can use mvn clean
install -o for an offline build.

I've been using nexus as a repo manager and I think it insulates me
somewhat from bad connection issues.... at any rate I'm currently
experiencing very flaky wifi and no build problems.
http://nexus.sonatype.org/
I also usually only rebuild the parts of geronimo that have changed or
depend on what I've changed.

hope this helps
david jencks