geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Farming and Plugins
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:32:56 GMT
A while back Gianny wrote some farming support to help with clusters.
IIUC it works like this:

- farm members are tracked with gbeans deployed on a master server
- to distribute an app to the farm you deploy it onto the master server.

This is great as far as it goes but I'd like these features:

- easy to dynamically add and remove farm members
- works with plugins rather than apps
- plugins do not need to be installed on master server
- lists of plugins and members persisted externally (such as in a

I expect to start looking into this more closely in a day or two.  I
guess I'll play around with code in the sandbox or in a out-of-server
plugin.  Hopefully I'll be able to use most of the stuff Gianny has
already set up.

Comments or suggestions?

david jencks

View raw message