geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: System requirements Geronimo and Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:46:23 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> Not sure that we need another page or link off of GMOxSITE for this.
> Runtime requirements for Server and GEP should be listed either in their
> respective Release Notes or on the release download page, so they get
> updated and maintained as part of the existing release process.

I agree.  We already include a link to the release notes on the download
page.  That way they can view the information prior to download as well
as look at the release-notes for an image they have already downloaded.

> Details on build requirements should go in the GMOxDEV wiki and not in
> the general release notes or user docs.

Right.  We also have a build page for Geronimo
(http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html).  It
seems that it is a bit out of date and it doesn't include all of the
information listed below.  I think we should update this page rather
than create a new one.