geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: c-m-p plugin + geronimo plugin with no module-id
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:53:30 GMT
Yep, I'm not sure we want to drop the moduleId either... As you mention,
why can't we create plugins that just prereq a group of other plugins
and don't add itself to the config.xml (which seems like an option we
could use in other plugins today)?
Seems this would be more useful for building custom servers with c-m-p
or GEP, where an application could add a depend on specifc plugin
version like  "org.apache.geronimo.profile.web-tomcat/2.2/car" to build
a custom assembly from a known/tested Geronimo release.
It would also allow a user to see what server profile they are using, by
which "profile" car they have installed (with jee5-tomcat being the full
server.)

-Donald