geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Fixing usability/accessibility issues in Admin Console
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 04:13:16 GMT
Jack wrote:
> Thanks so much Joe! I'm now able to edit the pages under [1], but unable
> to edit this one [2], where I want to add some guidelines on
> accessbility. Would you please grant me write access to that space too?
>
> Jack
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/
> [2] http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSITE/coding-standards.html

Hi Jack,

You bring up a question that we haven't tackled yet regarding updates to
our site.  I'll post the question to this list in a new subject .. but I
suspect write access to GMOxSITE it will not be granted.

For background ... we had a long debate about about who could access our
wiki after we moved it from being completely open to secured [1].  The
net result was that the CLA had to be on file to update our wiki.
However, GMOxSITE was never open and wasn't really part of that
discussion.

In the meantime .. for the accessibility guidelines I would suggest that
you create the content in our wiki for starters.  We can then add a link
to it from the site or perhaps even move it over under GMOxSITE if
appropriate.

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/-DISCUSS--Policy-for-granting-write-access-to-our-Wiki-tt16724609s134.html#a16724609

Joe