geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo releases for 3Q/4Q-2008
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 02:46:18 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> Want to get everyone starting to think about the releases we want for
> the rest of this year.  Here is a potential list, to start the
> discussion....
>
> 3Q08 -
>   GEP -
>     2.1.2 - Support Ganymede and Java SE 6.  Tim/BJ/Ted, we're close to
> a RC, right?
>   Samples -
>     2.1.2 - Finish any last minute updates and release ASAP

hopefully ... I'm going to get back on this.

>   Daytrader -
>     2.1 - finally release a version for 2.1
>   Server -
>     2.1.3 - Release current patches and upgrade to Tomcat 6.0.18 to
> pickup latest security updates (and rev any other components that have
> released any security updates)

The sooner we release this the easier it will be (esp. if the primary
goal is the tomcat update).

> 4Q08 -
>   Server -
>     2.2 -
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.2+Release+Roadmap
>
>   Samples -
>     2.2 - target 30 days within 2.2 server release

I suspect the Geronimo 2.2 release will be late 4Q ... therefore it
might be unlikely to release these "dependent" projects within the same
quarter.  However, the relative target from whatever the 2.2 server date
ends up being is plausible depending on where the holidays fall in the
middle of all that.

>   Daytrader -
>     2.2 - target 30 days within a 2.2 server release
>   GEP -
>     2.2.0 - target 30-60 days within 2.2 server release
>
> The above and past releases are captured in the PMGT wiki at -
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Apache+Geronimo+Release+Roadmaps

> Looking for feedback and people to volunteer as RMs... :-)
>
> If no one wants to step forward for the 2.1.3 Server, I'll volunteer, as
> long as I can get assistance from a prior RM (like Joe) to help me
> through my first release and for Jason/Jay/Joe to run the TCK.

I'd be glad to help you with RM stuff for 2.1.3 .... I still have to
update the Geronimo Release process page with a whole lot more details
on doing things the "old" way as well as some special details for server
releases versus smaller projects.  There have also been some peculiar
problems that seem to be related to various maven versions.