geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Geronimo releases for 3Q/4Q-2008
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:39:44 GMT
Want to get everyone starting to think about the releases we want for
the rest of this year.  Here is a potential list, to start the
discussion....

3Q08 -
   GEP -
     2.1.2 - Support Ganymede and Java SE 6.  Tim/BJ/Ted, we're close to
a RC, right?
   Samples -
     2.1.2 - Finish any last minute updates and release ASAP
   Daytrader -
     2.1 - finally release a version for 2.1
   Server -
     2.1.3 - Release current patches and upgrade to Tomcat 6.0.18 to
pickup latest security updates (and rev any other components that have
released any security updates)

4Q08 -
   Server -
     2.2 -
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.2+Release+Roadmap
   Samples -
     2.2 - target 30 days within 2.2 server release
   Daytrader -
     2.2 - target 30 days within a 2.2 server release
   GEP -
     2.2.0 - target 30-60 days within 2.2 server release

The above and past releases are captured in the PMGT wiki at -
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Apache+Geronimo+Release+Roadmaps

Looking for feedback and people to volunteer as RMs... :-)

If no one wants to step forward for the 2.1.3 Server, I'll volunteer, as
long as I can get assistance from a prior RM (like Joe) to help me
through my first release and for Jason/Jay/Joe to run the TCK.

-Donald