geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] enhance the assemble server portlet usability
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:21:22 GMT
Let's stay focused on what can be done for the current custom server
assemblies support in 2.2 for this thread versus new features, like the
server construction kit (which can be done today via c-m-p and the maven
repos.)

Need to also think about adding some unit tests in the testsuite to
verify the function works automatically for both the console and cmdine.

For the profiles, lets start with 2 or 3, so we can get all of the UI
and tests flushed out.  I'd still suggest -
    Web (identical to minimal assembly - Servlets+JSP+JSF)
    Web + JMS
If someone wants EJB or JPA, they can use the full assembly until we get
additional profiles created and verified.

-Donald