geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Time to create a geronimo/repo branch in svn for private depends
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:20:59 GMT
In-line.

Jarek Gawor wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't these artifacts already in svn
> under ../repository, e.g.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1/repository/
> (for the given release)?

True, maybe for now, pointing into tags for the required artifacts for
samples and GEP will work and we can revisit a geronimo/repo branch
later if needed.  Only concern, would be updating the release process to
look for these svn repo refs, as our samples and GEP builds will
eventually have to use the artifacts from trunk and then be updated to
point to tags....

> Are you proposing one main location for all
> version of the artifacts for all versions of Geronimo? Will that svn
> location be added to the repositories list in pom.xml?
>
> What I'm concerned about is that if we add that svn location to the
> repositories list, maven might pick that svn repository as the first
> repository to check for any artifacts and therefore you will get a lot
> more hits to that svn repository. I don't know if there is a way to
> tell maven to check a given repository last or only use it for
> specific artifacts/versions.

Was thinking we would keep the repositroy/pom.xml in the server build
and it would be the only pom that would point to the svn backed files.
We would add a similar repository/pom.xml in the other subprojects that
need to pull in any of these jars.