geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Documentation of new 2.2 features in current wiki?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:00:27 GMT
This is some great information Dave.  Thanks for the details.

I experimented a little with export/restore but without much success.  I
wasn't able to restore an image with an updated entities.xml (that
simply replaced the old space references with new space references).
Each time I attempted to restore it always complained that the
exportDescriptor.properties was either missing or invalid ... but when I
checked the file did exist and I didn't see anything obvious in there
that needed to be changed when the space name was updated (actually, it
only has something like 3 lines that were exportType, buildnumber, and
backupattaachements).

It is really too bad that we can move an entire page tree but can only
copy individual pages.  If only we could do that then it would be easy
to integrate the 2.1 documents into a 2.2 space that was partially complete.

Joe