geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Time to create a geronimo/repo branch in svn for private depends
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:15:16 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> We have danced around the problem of not being able to build Samples,
> Plugins or GEP from a clean m2 repo without building the Server's
> repository subdir for long enough.  I believe it is time to create the
> following location in SVN -
>     geronimo/repo
> Which would hold our private patched artifacts of other projects (like
> Tomcat, Pluto, ...), just like the OpenEJB team has done for some of
> their private depends.
> I don't see this as a major hit to the svn infrastructure, given the
> jars (10 for 2.2.) will only be downloaded when starting with a clean m2
> repo or when we publish any updated depends.

Can you provide some more details on how this would work?  Would you
require that the users checkout geronimo/repo rather than
geronimo/server/repo and perform a build to get the artifacts into the
local maven repo?  If that is the case, then I don't see any benefit and
it will in fact add an extra step to the Geronimo build process.  I must
not be understanding your proposal.

Joe