geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo Server 2.1.2 Release
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:19:46 GMT
Jarek Gawor wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Joe Bohn <> wrote:
>> Thanks for checking this out David.
>> It is my opinion that these issues are not sufficient to stop the release.
> I agree.
>>  If anyone feels otherwise please speak-up.
>> It appears #1 was introduced with rev. 665729 when attempting to make gsh
>> consistent with (which has required JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME since
>> at least release 2.1).
>> I also looked into the derby port (#2) and it appears that this has been
>> incorrect for several releases.  I checked 2.1, and 2.1.1 - both of these
>> displayed "0" for the port (which is also what I see on 2.1.2 rather than
>> "9").
> Nice. Looks like we actually pass port 0, so the derby network
> listener actaully listens on first available port the OS assigns. The
> workaround is easy, just add DerbyPort=1527 to
> file. Probably we should add this to
> the release notes.

Hmmm ... not sure what to do about that.  Since the release notes are
included in the image itself we would need to create a new release
candidate to add the note and if that is the case then we should just go
ahead and fix it.  We could add the note in the version that we post to
the wiki.

View raw message