geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Kirby" <ted.ki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System requirements Geronimo and Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:30:21 GMT
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Joe Bohn <joe.bohn@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Donald Woods wrote:
>>
>> Not sure that we need another page or link off of GMOxSITE for this.
>> Runtime requirements for Server and GEP should be listed either in their
>> respective Release Notes or on the release download page, so they get
>> updated and maintained as part of the existing release process.
>
> I agree.  We already include a link to the release notes on the download
> page.  That way they can view the information prior to download as well as
> look at the release-notes for an image they have already downloaded.

The only info on this I can find is in the release notes.  Here is the
information in its entirety:

"System Requirements
-------------------
You need a platform that supports the Sun JDK 5.0+ (J2SE 1.5.0+) or greater.

Most testing has been done on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.

Certification Status
--------------------
Apache Geronimo v2.1.2 has passed 100% of SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 5.0
"

It seems like we could provide more information and guidance to users.

Ted

>> Details on build requirements should go in the GMOxDEV wiki and not in the
>> general release notes or user docs.
>
> Right.  We also have a build page for Geronimo
> (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html).  It seems
> that it is a bit out of date and it doesn't include all of the information
> listed below.  I think we should update this page rather than create a new
> one.
>

>> -Donald
>>

>> Ashish Jain wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>  I have added a system requirement page to wiki
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Geronimo+and+Geronimo+Eclipse+Plugin+System+Requirements,
>>> few comments are posted in
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-501 as well. Probably
>>> we can collect all the requirements GEP/G has and add into this page. Right
>>> now there are following categories avaliable
>>>
>>> Operating System
>>> JDK Version/Vendors
>>> Database Vendors/Versions
>>> Memory Requirements for running and building Geronimo
>>>   Memory
>>>   Maven
>>>   Subversion
>>> Requirements for running and building Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
>>>  Memory
>>>  Maven
>>>  Subversion
>>>
>>> I would suggest to placed this page on http://geronimo.apache.org/
>>> somewhere in the community section of navigation.
>>> [ Show ยป <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-501>
]
>>> Ashish Jain
>>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=ashishjain>