geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Time to create a geronimo/repo branch in svn for private depends
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 02:52:31 GMT

On Aug 7, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> True, but wouldn't that introduce the overhead of our release
> process and voting?

I wouldn't call it overhead. I'd call it oversight. Our community is
releasing the patches and publishing the binaries. Server release
votes have covered this, to date. Any process changes must maintain
this same level of oversight.

> Would we create a geronimo/patches subproject arranged like our
> specs, where each artifact would be its own subdir and still check
> the patched artifacts in for the build to use and then move them to
> tags after they are released?

We could release them separately. Or, we could include them (as they
are currently) in the server. The difference is that there would be
org.apache.geronimo.patches artifacts in our release and snapshot
repositories.

> Would we version the artifacts based on the originating project or
> with a double version like we specs (which would be hard to follow)?

Either way would work. For simplicity, my tendency is to include them
in our server tree. However, there may be differing opinions. I'm fine
either way...

--kevan