geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Axis2: Using CXF tooling instead of Sun tooling to generate WSDL
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2008 02:37:45 GMT

Deepal,

I hope you realize that generating wsdl from JSR181 stuff is a small part of a
full JAX-WS compliant tooling story.   If you look at the two tools:

wsgen (java2ws in CXF): this tool requires generation of not just WSDL and
Schema, but also various JAX-WS beans such as fault beans, wrapper beans,
etc...  This has also become slightly more complicated in JAX-WS 2.1 due to
the requirement to support a subset of the JAXB annotations on the SEI as
well, but not too major.

wsimport (wsdl2java in CXF):
Obviously, this needs to output JAX-WS compliant code (mostly the JSR181
annotations and JAXB).   However, it also has to support all the jax-ws and
jaxb customization binding files.

Anyway, as Jarek pointed out, the CXF tools are completely JAX-WS compliant
and DO pass the TCK.  They are named differently than the RI tools (serious,
what's up with wsimport/wsgen?   wsdl2java/java2ws seems to make more sense
to me), but they do meet all the requirements.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org