geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Nebeans 6.1 plugin for Geronimo 2.x
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 06:34:58 GMT
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Looking for Netbeans 6.1 plugin for Geronimo 2.x, I stumbled upon this:
> http://markmail.org/message/xhxhj3ani3t6scfa
>
> Following your instructions that old e-mail back in 2007.11.28, the (step 4) Install/Reload
in Target Platform failed with error:

Hi Tommy,

I don't know whether it works with NB 6.1 or not as I'm working on the
plugin with NB 6.5 daily [1] only. I've been working on it since the
very first day of NB 6.5 so I don't expect any troubles with that
particular version.

BTW, I'm struggling with webapp deployment right now. It deploys
properly, but somehow the web url is not returned from Geronimo DM and
NetBeans is unable to start up a browser. I don't think there's much
value trying out the plugin now as an end user - Geronimo starts/stops
and the webapp deploys, but a browser is not fired up so although nice
exercise to see Geronimo running from within NetBeans I can't see
anything fancy from a common java ee developer's perspective. If
however you want to jump in and help out developing the plugin you'll
receive very warm welcome! ;-)

Jacek

[1] http://bits.netbeans.org/dev/nightly/latest/zip/

--