geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: svn commit: r681800 - in /geronimo/server/trunk/plugins: axis2/geronimo-axis2/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/axis2/ cxf/geronimo-cxf/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/cxf/
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:09:27 GMT
On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
> There were two main changes. 1) In Axis2 WSDLQueryHandler to nicer
> handle cases where ?xsd=<foo> or ?wsdl=<foo> in the url points to
> non-existent WSDL or schema files. 2) Changes to CXF and Axis2 not to
> return WSDL for web services using HTTP Binding. That was not quite
> correct and I just reverted it.

Hi Jarek,

Could you describe when such cases occur as in 1)? Why should HTTP
Binding prevent from returning wsdls? I kept thinking that http urls
with ?wsdl were to return WSDLs. What other binding are allowed for
web services? JMS Binding? Could you elaborate more on the use cases
for the changes. I'm complete newbie in this area. Pointing out a spec
or an article would be of great help too.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski